- We are extending Athens Metro in Line 3 (Aghia Marina (Haidari)-Piraeus) and we are targeting at commencing the construction activities in 2011.
- We are preparing the new Line 4 that will significantly de-congest traffic in the Athens urban conglomerate, our objective being the tendering of the project late 2011.
- The extension from Egaleo to Aghia Marina (Haidari) is under construction, and it is anticipated to be completed early 2011.
- The “Aghia Marina (Haidari) – Piraeus” extension is at the tendering stage. Stage A’ of the tender has actually been completed and we are awaiting for the completion of the judicial procedure, due to the recourses filed by certain bidders before the concerned European Bodies, for Stage B’ of the tender to progress.
- Line 4 is at a Design Stage. The design of the project has been improved, so that a branch of this line may cover the needs of the densely populated areas in Pagrati and Vyronas with 3 new stations, while the tender for the award of the remaining designs of this major project, whose overall budget amounts to approximately 2.7 billion EURO, is about to be announced soon.
Our Government took delivery of THESSALONIKI METRO project in full disorganization, with serious administrative and technical problems and with extremely low progress rates. It is worth pointing out that even though 64% of the contractual time has been consumed, only 14.5 % of the financial scope of the project has been completed.
At this very phase, the open contractual issues that have arisen between ATTIKO METRO and the Contractor are being evaluated. The issues still pending are to be addressed soon, within the framework of the contract conditions, aiming at implementing the Project and, by extension, its handing over to the residents of Thessaloniki the soonest possible. The result of the subject actions is the re-launch of the project at a quite intensive pace, as regards both tunneling works and works for the construction of the Metro stations.
With regard to the Metro extensions to Kalamaria, we are targeting at commencing the construction activities late 2011 and, at the same time, we are elaborating upon the designs concerning the westbound extension to Stavroupoli/ Efkarpia.