YPEHODE and ATTIKO METRO have announced a Call for Tenders concerning the supply of 17 new trainsets, 6-car each, with a total budget of €155 million, to accommodate the needs of the network after the completion of the new Metro extensions currently under construction.
On Tuesday 15/7/2008, the following three companies submitted their offer (Technical and Financial) for the supply of the new trains:
– ROTEM-HANWHA (Korea)
– ANSALDOBREDA (Italy)
– CAF (Spain)
The tender procedure is expected to be completed at the beginning of the new year, under the assumption that the bidding companies shall not file any objections, appeals and other legal actions.
The new Series III trains of the Metro:
- shall be fully air-conditioned
- shall be friendly to the environment
- shall be equipped with state of the art systems
- shall be aesthetically upgraded both in terms of exterior and interior appearance
- shall be fitted with all the facilities for Persons with Special Needs
- shall have all necessary provisions which render them capable to accept and compatible with all technological upgrades to be carried out on the Athens Metro Lines 2 & 3 in the future.
In short, the above tender procedure involves:
- The manufacture, supply, testing and commissioning of seventeen six (6)-car train.
- The supply of the capital spare parts of the trains, the special tools, the testing and diagnostic equipment and the mock-ups.
- The three-year guarantee period for the good performance of the trains, as well as the supply of the capital spare parts and consumables for this guarantee period.
- The provision of training to the personnel of AM and to the personnel of the Operation Company (AMEL).