ATTIKO METRO S.A. has completed the development of Kakari Square, which was previously used as a worksite area for the construction of the Metro. The said square is to be delivered aesthetically advanced to the residents of Aghios Dimitrios Municipality tomorrow (Friday May 11 2007) (see photo No1).
The square is located close to Vouliagmenis Avenue, between Bouboulinas, Klearhou & Efterpis Streets and the re-development of the area includes:
- A completely fenced playground with wooden toys and swings
- Planting of trees, bushes, flowers with the use of an automatic irrigation system
- Paving of sidewalks
- Integral lighting network
- Reinstatement of asphalt paving at a section of Klearhou Street
- Bollards on the sidewalks
- Installation of aesthetical litter bins
- Pergola at the eastern entrance of the Playground
- Wooden seats and benches
- Faucets of drinking water for the public
Moreover, ATTIKO METRO S.A., utilizing an area at the intersection of Papagou Street and Vouliagmenis Avenue (Aghios Dimitrios Municipality) where a ventilation shaft of Line 2 has been constructed, has already developed infrastructure for sport activities, which are used by young and old residents of the wider area on a daily basis.
In addition, in this area, ATTIKO METRO S.A. has recently installed a modern lighting system.