Submittal of Technical & Financial Offers
Technical and financial offers concerning the Metro extension to Peristeri and Anthoupoli were submitted today.
With regard to this issue, the Minister of PEHODE, Mr. George Souflias made the following statement:
“Following the Metro tender procedures concerning the extension towards Helliniko and Aghia Marina (Haidari), the tender concerning the METRO extension towards PERISTERI and ANTHOUPOLI enters its finishing stretch with the construction of two new stations. In this way, the most populated suburb west of Athens, the municipality of Peristeri, shall be served by three Metro stations (Ag.Antonios, Peristeri, Anthoupoli) which, based on the studies already carried out, are expected to meet the needs of 75,000 passengers on a daily basis. Today, in rush hour, it takes at least 45 minutes to cover the distance Anthoupoli-Syntagma by car, while by metro the same distance will be covered in 11 minutes only.
In particular, technical and financial offers were submitted by four bidding consortia which comprise 11 major technical greek and foreign companies:
- ALPINE MAYREDER BAU – TERNA AE – PANTECHNIKI SA POWELL ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS INC
- AKTOR ATE – SIEMENS AG – VINCI CONSTRUCTION GRAND PROJECTS
- IMPREGILO – AEGEK – ALSTOM
- J&P – AVAX – F.C.C. CONSTRUCTION
The cost estimate of the project rises to 97,6 million euros and the Contractor is expected to be appointed in May 2006. The extension will be completed upon commissioning of the two Stations by the end of 2008. The project to be put to tender includes the design and the construction of PERISTERI and ANTHOUPOLI Stations along AGHIOS DIMITRIOS-AGHIOS ANTONIOS Line 2 extension westwards. In particular, the project includes:
- PERISTERI Station, which shall be constructed using the C/C method along Panagi Tsaldari Avenue where the Municipality of Peristeri is located. 30% of the Station will be constructed using the underground boring method in order to mitigate any disturbance to vehicular circulation, given that at the said location 6 roads intersect. It is pointed out that at the southern side of the Station all necessary construction works will be executed for the connection with the adjacent underground parking area. PERISTERI Station will have three levels with similar outline, whose total area will be 11,166m2.
- ANTHOUPOLI Station, which shall be constructed using the C/C method underneath Anapafseos Street, between Dodekanissou and Thivon Streets. The new location of the Station resulted from the geotechnical investigations in the area of its initial location opposite Aghios Ierotheos football field, where it was identified that the soil was absolutely inappropriate. The construction of the Station at the said location would put at great risk both the project and the adjacent residencies, while it would not allow Line 2 further extension to Kipoupoli, Petroupoli and Ilion. For all the reasons mentioned above, YPEHODE finally resolved to relocate ANTHOUPOLI Station by approximately 350 metres southwards. The Station will be constructed in such a way as to enable Line 2 extension both towards Aghios Ierotheos and towards Petroupoli and Liossia. Moreover, YPEHODE investigates the possibility to have a car park constructed close to ANTHOUPOLI Station.
- Double track tunnel, 303m. long, starting from FLEMING Shaft and ending at PERISTERI Station. This tunnel was not bored in the past with the use of the OFS for safety reasons. This tunnel section will be constructed below surface using conventional mechanical means.
- 28m-double track tunnel section to be constructed using the C/C method at PERISTERI Station.
- A total of three ventilation shafts (northern and southern shaft of Peristeri Station and the Terminal Shaft at Aghios Ierotheos).
Moreover, the construction of both stations will enhance in terms of aesthetics the area of the Municipality of Peristeri, since both stations will be aesthetically upgraded and the surface area of the Stations will be re-developped. It is worth mentioning that the tender procedure also includes the unification of Peristeri central area and the appropriate configuration of Panagi Tsaldari Avenue.