Phase A’ of the tender related to Metro Extenstion to the suburb of Aghia Marina (Haidari) (budgeted at 200 million euros)has been completed and the consortia to participate in Phase B’ of the Tender have been shortlisted.
With regard to the above, Mr. George Souflias, Minister of PEHODE made the following statement:
“The tender for the Metro extension to AGHIA MARINA (HAIDARI) progresses at a rapid pace based on our scheduling. On September 22nd 2005 the consortia participating in Phase B’ of the Tender shall submit their Financial Offers and the completion of the tender is expected in autumn. The project is expected to be ready in 2008.
The Metro extension to AGHIA MARINA (HAIDARI) is a very important project given that it will serve the needs of the citizens of the western suburbs of Athens as it will only take 8 minutes to reach the city center(SYNTAGMA).It is expected that, upon commissioning of AGHIA MARINA (HAIDARI) Station, 30 000 passengers will be served and the daily ridership at AGHIA MARINA (HAIDARI)-MONASTIRAKI section will be over 100 000 passengers”.
In particular, following ATTIKO METRO S.A. BoD Resolution the following four (4) out of eight (8) consortia of greek and foreign companies met the criteria set in the Tender Documents:
- J&P – ΑVAX S.A. – F.C.C. CONSTRUCCION S.A. – ELECNOR S.A. – INSTALACIONES INABENSA S.A.
- ALPINE MAYREDER BAU GmbH- ΤΕΡΝΑ S.A. – PANTECHNIKI S.A. – POWELL ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS INC.
- IMPREGILO – ΑΕGΕΚ – ALSTOM TRANSPORT
- ΑΚΤOR ΑΤΕ – SIEMENS A.G. –VINCI CONSTRUCTION GP
The project related to EGALEO – AGHIA MARINA (HAIDARI) tunnel extension includes:
- the tunnel of the line, approximately 1,5 km long, which is to pass beneath Iera Odos and will be bored using the conventional underground method.
- AGHIA MARINA (HAIDARI) STATION , at the building plot delimited by Iera Odos, Krinis, Katsarou and Aghias Marinas Streets, with two entrances/exits on either sides of Iera Odos.
- a Transfer Station – Private Car Park Facility, which is to be concurrently constructed in the area where AGHIA MARINA (HAIDARI) Station is to be located, with an approximate capacity of 300 vehicles.
- The Depot in the area of Eleonas, with a total surface of 86 000 m2, a project absolutely necessary for Line 3 operation.
At the Depot roof slab the possibility to construct an Intercity Bus Central Station is examined.
With the construction of the Depot and the future construction of the Intercity Bus Central Station, Eleonas surrounding area will be significantly upgraded.
The Depot is provided for to be delivered in 2007,while the Line and AGHIA MARINA (HAIDARI) Station in 2008.
This extension is expected to serve the wider area of Egaleo, Aghia Marina (Haidari) and Aghia Varvara suburbs, and namely the Hospital for Infectious Diseases, the “Dromokaitio” Hospital, the Attiko Hospital and the commercial area.
Generally speaking, the operation of the 4 new Stations of Line 3 (VOTANIKOS,ELEONAS,EGALEO, AGHIA MARINA (HAIDARI)), will significantly contribute to the upgrading of areas which, until the present time,have not been within easy reach of the city center.