The current Athens Metro Development Plan includes the Metro Line 4, Alsos Veikou – Evangelismos – Faros – Maroussi, together with its extensions (a) to Vyronas/Ano Ilioupoli and (b) to Perissos and the National Road. The U-shaped Line 4 consists of two radial legs to Galatsi and Maroussi, as well as of one central part that runs through the center of Athens, its total length is 33.5 km with 30 stations and it incorporates five discrete individual sections, namely sections A, B, C, D and E.
- Section A: Alsos Veikou – Goudi (12.9km long, with 14 stations)
- Section B: Goudi – Maroussi (9.6km long, with 8 stations)
- Section C: Evangelismos – Ano ilioupoli (3.6km long, with 3 stations)
- Section D: Alsos Veikou – Perissos (3.0km long, with 2 stations)
- Section E: Maroussi – National Road (4.4km long, with 3 stations).