The procedure related to the submission of the envelopes for the expression of interest for participation in the Tender “LINE 4 – SECTION Α΄, ALSOS VEIKOU – GOUDI – STAGE A’ OF THE TENDER” was completed on Thursday August 10th 2017, at 11.00.
The schemes that participated in the tender process are presented hereunder by order of submission of the envelopes containing the application to express interest. Namely:
- ΤΕRΝA S.A.- VINCI-SIEMENS AG “TVS”
- J&P ΑVAX S.A. – GHELLA SpA – ALSTOM TRANSPORT S.A.
- AKTOR ΑΤΕ – ANSALDO STP S.p.A – HITACHI RAIL ITALY SPA
- FCC – ARCHIRODON – MYTILINEOS
This development signals the start of the implementation of the Athens Metropolitan Railway Line 4, the greatest infrastructure project currently under construction in the European Union, against a budget of 1. 45 billion EURO, VAT excluded, for Stage A’ of this tender.
The management of ATTIKO METRO S.A. is very pleased with the interest shown and the number of the construction companies from Greece and abroad that participated in the tender, since this project shall upgrade in a catalytic manner the quality of life and the services provided to the citizens of Athens.
Line 4 Section A: “Alsos Veikou – Goudi”
The first section of the Underground Line 4, Section A’ “Alsos Veikou – Goudi”, is approximately 13km long and shall accommodate 14 new stations, namely: Alsos Veikou, Galatsi, Kypseli, Dikastiria, Alexandras, Exarchia, Akadimia, Kolonaki, Evangelismos, Kessariani, Near East, Zografou, Ilissia, Goudi.
Moreover, the following activities must be executed in view of the completion of Line 4 – Section A’.
- Boring of a double track tunnel, approximately 0 km. long using the Tunnel Boring Machines (TBMs);
- Boring of a single track tunnel approximately 840 m. long.
- Construction of ten (10) shafts.
- Construction of a new Operation Control Center (OCC) for Line 4 and a new Building Complex intended for the Maintenance and Repair of the new train-sets to be positioned in an area in Sepolia Depot.
- Construction of the two forestations of the line; one forestation shall be located before Alsos Veikou Station (underneath Veikou Avenue) and the other one shall be positioned past Goudi Station (underneath Katehaki Avenue).
- Supply, installation and commissioning of rolling stock – up to 18 automated train–sets – to be required for the operation needs of Section A’ of the New Line, so that they can satisfy the foreseen ridership during 2030.
- The addition of a new station is also under consideration.
Budget: € 1,450,000,000.00
Duration of Construction Activities: 8 years, 2019-2026
SCOPE OF THE CONTRACT
The scope of the Contract consists in the preparation of the Final Design, of the Detailed Final Design (DFD), the construction of Civil Works, the supply, installation, testing and commissioning of the electromechanical and railway equipment, the maintenance of the Project, the training of the personnel and the supply of spare parts for Metro Line 4 – Section A’ “Alsos Veikou – Goudi”. In addition, the scope of the Project includes the supply of rolling stock, as well as the construction of an Operation Control Centre and a building indented for the maintenance and repair of train-sets in the area of Sepolia Depot.
The scope of the works includes:
- All Final Designs and Detailed Final Designs concerning both supplementary and all required studies/designs, in line with the stipulations of the Documents incorporated in Stage B’ of the Tender.
- Additional surveys (topographical, geological / geotechnical, etc.).
- Relocations of PUO networks.
- Traffic Diversions.
- Archaeological excavations.
- Geomechanical monitoring of the excavations.
- Temporary and permanent structures for Civil Works in stations, tunnels and
- Ground improvement works and works for enhancing the measures to be introduced for the direct support of the tunnels and other elements, on an as-required basis.
- Works for the introduction of preventive and protective measures or even repairs in all buildings and other infrastructures within the influence zone of the Project.
- Architectural finishes in stations.
- Works for the reinstatement of the area surrounding stations and shafts.
- Implementation of the terms of the approved Environmental Impact Assessment Studies.
- Supply and installation of the required Electromechanical and Railway Systems.
- Supply of the required rolling stock.
- Testing and commissioning of the Electromechanical and Railway Systems.
- Organization and maintenance of the Project. The warranty period extends to three (3) years upon the certified completion of the Project.
- Training of the operation and maintenance personnel.
- Repairs, restoration of defects and faults and any other similar activities required during the warranty period of the Project.
- Supply of the spare parts of the Project, as these are to be identified in the documents of Stage B’ of the Tender.
The procedure related to the conclusion of the Contract is governed by Directive 2014/25/EU, Law 4412/16 and the Tender Documents.
The criterion for the award of the Contract is the most advantageous offer, in terms of finance, on the basis of the optimum quality – price ratio, in line with article 311, Law 4412/16.