As regards the TRAMWAY NETWORK
- The works for the construction of the Tramway corridor have been completed (trackwork – rails – catenary) have been completed.
- The checking – arrangements – tests of the Tramway and catenary related installations are at the completion stage, while the trial running of the Tramway system will commence soon.
- Road signage & signaling works at junctions, along the Tramway route, are in progress.
- E/M works at the new Substation 16 (Civil Works have been completed), as well as the upgrading of Substation 1 are still pending.
As regards OTHER WORKS (reference to extended work fronts)
– At the Tramway stops:
- The electric supply related connections of the Tramway stops have been completed by PPC.
- Pending works related to the installation of urban equipment are under completion, while the installation of E/M equipment is in progress.
– Along the Tramway route to Piraeus, the following works are in progress:
- At Lambraki bridge: The preliminary tests – checks and other procedures have been completed, while maintenance works commence immediately.
- At the U-turn from Mikras Asias street towards Lambraki street: in progress is the installation of the lift connecting the level of Androutsou stop (Om. Skylitsi) with the level of Gr. Lambraki stop (road pavement of Lambraki bridge).
- Karaiskaki stop: in progress are the installation of a canopy at the staircase leading to the underground pedestrian passage, as well as the installation of the lift connecting the street level with the underground passage.
- At SEF (Piece and Friendship Stadium), at Alikakou square, at Lambraki bridge and at the U-turn from Mikras Asias street towards Lambraki street: The installation of safety balustrades offering safe circulation of pedestrians and vehicles is in progress.