ATHENS METRO LINE 4
SECTION A’ “ALSOS VEIKOU – GOUDI”
With regard to the tender procedure for the new Athens Metro Line 4, Section A’ “Alsos Veikou – Goudi”, the Tender Committee of ATTIKO METRO S.A. unsealed today, Monday October 19th 2020, the financial offers in the presence of representatives of the two prospective Contractors pre-selected during phase A’ of the tender, i.e. the Joint Ventures AVAX S.A.-GHELLA SpA-ALSTOM TRANSPORT S.A. and AKTOR ATE-ANSALDO STP SpA-HITACHI RAIL ITALY SpA.
The candidate Contractors submitted the following financial offers:
|1||AVAX S.A.-GHELLA SpA-ALSTOM TRANSPORT S.A.||12.19%|
|2||AKTOR ATE-ANSALDO STP SpA-HITACHI RAIL ITALY SpA||10.57%|
The foreseen Project budget on which the candidates based their offers amounts to 1,319,481,500 Euros.
The overall foreseen Project budget including contingencies, revision and works on a cost-plus basis amounts to 1,510,000,000 Euros, while the expected Project implementation period is 8 years.
This development is a significant step towards the implementation of the largest infrastructure project in our country, which shall significantly improve the quality of life of the citizens in the wider area of Attica region.
Please find below an Information Note about Line 4 – Section A’: “Alsos Veikou – Goudi”
Line 4 – Section A’: “Alsos Veikou – Goudi”
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT
Section A’ of Line 4 “Alsos Veikou – Goudi”, which forms the scope of this tender, has been designed to serve many densely populated areas of Attica Basin and the centre of Athens by constructing four new stations (EXARCHIA, AKADEMIA, KOLONAKI, EVANGELISMOS). At the same time, it shall relieve the pressure on the existing central Metro stations due to the ever increasing ridership demand, shall serve the needs of many important buildings and installations, such as Hospitals, Educational Institutions etc., while it shall improve the interconnection among the existing Metro lines by adding two new transfer stations (PANEPISTIMIO/AKADEMIA, EVANGELISMOS).
The new line extends from the area of Alsos Veikou at Galatsi up to Goudi area and Katehaki TBM shaft. It falls within the administrative boundaries of the Municipalities of Athens, Galatsi, Kessariani and Zografou. The new Metro line is approximately 12.8 km long and is made up of the following structures:
Fifteen (15) new underground stations: ALSOS VEIKOU, GALATSI, ELIKONOS, KYPSELI, DIKASTIRIA, ALEXANDRAS, EXARCHIA, AKADEMIA, KOLONAKI, EVANGELISMOS, KESSARIANI, PANEPISTIMIOUPOLI, ILISSIA, ZOGRAFOU and GOUDI.
Nine (9) intermediate and/or terminal shafts.
Double track underground tunnel, approximately 13km long, to be bored using at least two Tunnel Boring Machines (TBM).
Underground tunnels to be bored using mechanical conventional means (double track, triple track & turnouts).
Single track underground tunnels (STT), approximately 860m long, to be bored using mechanical conventional means.
Two forestations of the Line, ahead of ALSOS VEIKOU Station (underneath Veikou Avenue) and past GOUDI Station (underneath Katehaki Avenue).
One (1) new Operations Control Centre (OCC) for Line 4, capable of incorporating the operation and control of Lines 1, 2 and 3, as well as of future new automatic lines and the Tramway. The new OCC shall be located within the boundaries of Sepolia Depot.
One (1) new building for the maintenance and repair of the new trains in an available area within the boundaries of Sepolia Depot.
The Project also includes the required rolling stock (20 automatic driverless trains), as well as all required E/M and Railway Systems for the operation of the Line.
Budget: The foreseen Project budget, VAT excluded, amounts to 1,510,000,000.00 Euros.
Duration of construction: 8 years.
The criterion for the award of the Contract is the most economically advantageous offer (optimum value for money), in accordance with article 311 of Law 4412/16.
SCOPE OF THE CONTRACT
The scope of the Contract is the preparation of the Final Design and the Detailed Final Design, the construction of Civil Works, the supply, installation, testing and commissioning of the E/M and Railway equipment, the maintenance of the Project, the training of the personnel and the supply of spare parts for the Metro Line 4, Section A’ “Alsos Veikou – Goudi”.
The scope of the Project includes the following items, not limited to them:
- All Final Designs, Detailed Final Designs and other required designs.
- Additional surveys (Supplementary Investigation of Subsoil – SIS).
- All topographic surveys and works required in the framework of the Project’s construction.
- Risk assessment and management.
- Traffic Diversions.
- Arrangement of Worksite Areas – Worksite Installations.
- Geomechanical and Structural Monitoring (GSM) of the Project structures, the Project’s influence zone and the buildings and structures within this influence zone.
- Electronic Management of Documents using the appropriate Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
- Implementation of Building Information Modeling (BIM) system in the designs.
- Temporary and permanent structures as regards Civil Works in stations, tunnels, shafts and buildings of Sepolia Depot.
- Ground improvement works and strengthening of the measures for the direct support of the tunnels etc., as and where required.
- Works for the implementation of preventive and protective measures, or even measures for the repair of all buildings and other infrastructures and structures due to the construction of the Project.
- Architectural finishes in the stations, shafts and buildings of Sepolia Depot.
- Permanent connections of structures with the PUO networks.
- Works for the reinstatement of the surrounding area of stations, shafts, buildings and other areas where interventions were made in the framework of the Metro Line 4 Project.
- Supply and installation of the required E/M and Railway systems.
- Supply, testing and commissioning of the required rolling stock.
- Testing and commissioning of the E/M and Railway systems.
- Project maintenance organization and provision.
- Training of the operation and maintenance personnel.
- Supply of the required spare parts of the Project.