ONE-DAY CONFERENCE ORGANIZED BY EKA
“Public Transport as a Social Commodity – Present Situation
and Future Prospects”
The Centre of Athens Labor Unions (EKA), having acquired an extensive experience in the field of Urban Public Transportation in Attica basin, organizes an one-day conference on Saturday 16 December 2017, at 10:30, in view of revealing the social role of Public Transport and the associated development dimension.
In the framework of the current situation created due to the economic crisis, which has a negative effect on the daily life of the citizens, the Urban Public Transport aim at covering the vital need for transportation in the most appropriate way for all citizens, especially those who are weakest economically, fulfilling a significant and multi-dimensional social function.
This one-day conference aims at examining the current situation and at highlighting the prospects arising from the new needs and challenges. This conference shall be held at the Amphitheatre of the Ministry of Infrastructures, Transport and Networks, at 2 Anastaseos & Tsigante streets, Municipality of Papagos-Holargos, Metro station: Ethniki Amyna.
10:00 – 10:30
Arrival of participants
10:30 – 11:30 Welcome speeches
Mr. George Mylonas, Chairman of EKA
Welcome speeches addressed by:
• Mr. Christos Spirtzis*, Minister of Infrastructures, Transport and Networks
• Mr. Athanassios Leventis, Member of the Executive Committee of GSEE
• Mr. George Gavrilis, Vice Governor of Piraeus District, Chairman of the Transport/Public Transport Metropolitan Committee
• Mr. Nikolaos Sarantis, Chairman of the Local Association of Municipalities of Attica (PEDA)
• Mr. Anastasios Tastanis, Chairman of the Athens Urban Transport Organization S.A. (OASA)
• Representatives of Political Parties
11:30 – 13:30 ROUND TABLE
Mr. Konstantinos Koulouris, Secretary General of EKA
Mr. Ioannis Skoumbouris, Managing Director of OASA
Mr. Theodoros Papadopoulos, Managing Director of ATTIKO METRO S.A.
Mr. George Apostolopoulos, Chairman of the Hellenic Railways Organization (OSE)
Mr. Konstantinos Kepaptzoglou, Chairman of the Hellenic Institute of Transportation Engineers (HITE)
Coordinator: Dr. Christine Theoharis, Person in charge of the Environment and International Relations Department of EKA
13:30 – 15:00 INTERVENTIONS
Representatives of Confederations and Unions, Participants
QUESTIONS – DISCUSSION
15:00 END OF CONFERENCE
* to be confirmed