For any information about the subject Policy and the method that we use to process your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) Mrs. Maria Doumaki by sending e-mail to email@example.com.
What is the term “personal data”?
The term “personal data”, as used in the framework of the subject Policy, refers to information about natural entities, such as the full name, the e-mail address, the postal address, the contact telephone, the IP address etc. that can be used to determine the identity of an individual.
What does “personal data processing” stand for?
“Personal data processing” consists in recording, storing, setting, changing, searching, using, transmitting to third parties, as well as restricting and deleting the personal data of an individual.
What type of data is collected and processed?
The following table presents the personal data that we collect and process, as well as the reasons for which we collect and process this data.
|Personal data||Reasons for collecting and processing personal data|
|Communication with the Press and Corporate Communication Office of ATTIKO METRO S.A.|
|Monitoring the website performance through Google Analytics to evaluate and collect statistical data.|
When is your personal data copied or transferred?
ATTIKO METRO S.A. reserves its right to copy and transfer your personal data only in specific cases, namely:
- Intervention by the Prosecutor or any other similar legislative/regulatory obligation
- Written request submitted by you.
Who is processing your personal data?
ATTIKO METRO S.A. collects, keeps and processes your personal data and does not copy it for any reason whatsoever, except for the aforementioned reasons. This type of data is received by the employees concerned of ATTIKO METRO S.A.
Is your personal data safe?
We safeguard your personal data by adopting the appropriate organizational and technical measures for reasons of safety and protection against any type of random or illegal processing.
We use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to ensure safe data transfer between the website www.ametro.gr and your browser.
These measures are reconsidered and changed as deemed necessary.
For how long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data is kept for as long as required, based on the reasons for which it was collected or as required by the Law. More specifically:
- If your personal data has been recorded further to your own action (e.g. fill in a communication form, send an e-mail etc.), we shall keep your data until you withdraw your consent.
- If your personal data has been recorded by virtue of the execution of a contract, we shall keep it – both in written and electronic format – until the expiry of the contract you have signed with us, or for as long as it will be required until the expiry of the period of limitation of any relevant claims.
- If your personal data has been recorded by virtue of a legal obligation, then the time period for keeping same is determined based on the requirements of the legislation and the time period during which checks are carried out by the competent Authorities.
Which are your rights as concerns your personal data?
We try to safeguard your rights as concerns the use of your personal data.
You may contact us and submit your requests. The employees in charge of ATTIKO METRO S.A. shall respond the soonest possible and within one month as of the date of submission of your requests. If more than one month is required to process a request of yours, we shall then inform you accordingly.
You have the option to act as follows:
- Request and receive information about the method we utilize to process your personal data.
- Receive a copy of your personal data processed by us.
- Request that your personal data is corrected/modified if it is erroneous /incomplete.
- Restrict the processing of your personal data. This is possible in the following cases:
- You question the accuracy of your personal data
- Your personal data is not considered necessary for processing purposes.
In case there is a restriction in data processing, your personal data remains stored without being further processed.
- Request the deletion of your personal data when it is no longer deemed necessary for the reasons for which it was collected, or if there is no legitimate reason to continue its processing.
- Request the transmission of your personal data to another person responsible for data processing.
- Oppose to the processing of your personal data, when it is deemed necessary in view of protecting lawful interests.
- Withdraw your consent at any given time, without affecting the legal grounds concerning data processing, based on your consent to process your personal data given before being revoked by you.
For more information about your rights, kindly contact the Hellenic Data Protection Authority. For more information about the responsibilities of this Authority and the method of filing a complaint, please visit the webpage www.dpa.gr.