- Inventory of existing features governing the operation of the transport systems in the Study Area as well as the characteristics or parameters specifying these systems’ supply and demand. For this purpose, the following surveys shall be carried out, namely:
- Household Survey
- Stated Preference Survey
- Inventories and Measurements in the Main Road Network and Roadside Survey
- Measurements and Surveys in the Public Transport Modes (Urban Buses, Terminal Stations)
- Analysis of the existing condition and creation of relevant Data Bases.
- Development of alternative scenarios concerning the transport infrastructure networks in the framework of the medium/long-term Development Planning of the Study Area and the transport systems.
- Development of the Transport Model for the city of Thessaloniki, in other words, of the mechanism for the simulation of the transport operation in the Study Area and those items defining the transport systems’ supply and demand, in order to evaluate the alternative scenarios for the transport networks to select the optimum Metro Network Development Plan in the framework of a comprehensive Transport Plan.
Moreover, provision is made for the following sub-projects:
– Sub-project 2 concerning the award of the Consultant Services Agreement to assist the Service as regards the supervision of MAMTH;
– Sub-project 3 concerning the Upgrading of VISUM Software, which is the necessary tool to meet the needs for supervision, monitoring and control of all Contractor’s works related to (a) the development of the Transport Model, and (b) its utilization in the examination of alternative scenarios for the development of the Metro Network in Thessaloniki, as well as the inspection of all related Deliverables, and
– Sub-project 4 concerning advertising related activities (creation of promotion material for MAMTH) in view of updating the target public as regards the performance of the study in question in the entire Urban Complex and the suburban zone of Thessaloniki, ensuring the participation and cooperation of the public throughout the surveys and establishing trust, as regards the significance of the Project in view of improving the traffic conditions and the quality of life of those participating in the survey.
The preparation of the General Transport Study for the Thessaloniki Metro Development Study (MAMTH) for the Study Area Funding Items
Act Integration Decision: οικ. ΕΥΔ/ΕΠ ΥΜΕΠΕΡΑΑ 1823/18-2-2021 Ministry of Development and InvestmentsAct Title: “Thessaloniki Metro Development Study (MAMTH)”
Integrated IS number: 5070455
Operational Program: “Transport Infrastructures, Environment and Sustainable Development 2014-2020”
Eligible public expenditure: EURO 2,195,920.50
Cohesion Fund – co-funded by Greece and the European Union
Data of the Thessaloniki Metro Development Study Contract (Sub-project 1)
Expenditure budget without VAT: 2,012,270.00€
Contract conclusion date: 17-09-2020
Contractor: ADT-OMEGA Engineers Consultants ATE
Contract duration: 800 calendar days as of the Order to Proceed
Data of the Awarding Authority
Awarding Authority: ATTIKO METRO S.A.
Managing Department: Thessaloniki Metro Development Directorate
Co-funded by the NSRF, Operational Program “Transport Infrastructure, Environment and Sustainable Development”, and Priority Axis 16 “Technical Assistance Programme” of the Cohesion Fund.
Useful Questions - Answers
- Pylaia – Hortiatis
- Neapoli - Sykies
- Pavlos Melas
- Ambelokipoi – Menemeni
- Kordelio - Evosmos