The current Athens Metro Development Plan includes the Metro Line 4, Alsos Veikou – Evangelismos – Faros – Maroussi, together with its extensions (a) to Vyronas/Ano Ilioupoli and (b) to Petroupoli and the National Road. The U-shaped Line 4 consists of two radial legs to Galatsi and Maroussi, as well as of one central part that runs through the center of Athens, its total length is 38.2 km with 35 stations and it incorporates five discrete individual sections, namely sections A, B, C, D and E.
- Section A: Alsos Veikou – Goudi (12.8km long, with 15 stations)
- Section B: Goudi – Maroussi (9.6km long, with 8 stations)
- Section C: Evangelismos – Ano ilioupoli (4.1km long, with 3 stations)
- Section D: Alsos Veikou – Petroupoli (7.3km long, with 6 stations)
- Section E: Maroussi – National Road (4.4km long, with 3 stations).